Get ready for the new term with these ideas for DIY Back to School projects. Topics covered include stationary, lunch boxes and name tags.
We are well into our school summer break now, so before too long it will time to start preparing for Back to School. Do you like to add a personal touch to your school supplies? Below we are sharing some great ideas for ideas for decorating books and folders, jazzing up lunches, pencil storage and name tags all made with easy to source and cheap materials.
DIY Back to School Projects
Inspire young readers with their very own Bubble Wrap Bookmarks.
Do you struggle with what to do with all of the art work that your kids bring home from school? If so, then why not have them make one of these DIY folders from Mess for Less to keep everything neat and tidy in.
Here is a great end of holiday activity for the kids from Inner Child Fun. Have them decorate some of their lunch bags with tasty apple prints all ready for the first batch of school lunches.
Buggy and Buddy show you how to make simple cloth napkins to add a personal touch your son or daughter’s school lunch box.
Here is a fun way to repurpose your kid’s art work from What We Do All Day. Turn it into book/journal covers.
Washi tape is a cheap and cheerful way to add colour to your back to school homework supplies. Happiness is Homemade show you how to use it to make a cool pencil desk cup.
Baby wipe containers come in so handy for many different DIY craft ideas. DIY Inspired show you how to turn them into Back to School pencil boxes.
Do you take photographs of your children to mark the start of the new school year? Why not make this cute DIY Chalkboard sign from Amy Pessolano to at a quirky touch.
Worried your child will have the same school bag as somebody else and may accidentally bring the wrong one home? They add on these simple name tags from Kids Activities Blog.
Make reading homework fun with these cute monster corner bookmarks from Easy Peasy Fun
A back to school round up wouldn’t be complete without a pipecleaner pencil top craft. Check out these cute birds from Artsy Craftsy Mom
You might also like:
A Tale of Two School Lunches
The Ultimate Play Date Activities Guide
25+ Dr Seuss Activities for Kids
For more Back to School Ideas then please check out the following lists as well:
- Top 10 School Bus Crafts from Craftulate
- Top 10 Readiness Activities for Your Kindergartener Our Good Life
- Top 10 1st Day of School Keepsakes from Artsy Momma
- Top 10 After School Snacks from Nemcsok Farms
- Top 10 DIY School Supplies Projects from Crafty Kids at Home
- Top 10 Homeschool Room Essentials from School Time Snippets
- Top 10 Back to School Ideas to Calm an Anxious Child from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Top 10 Back to School Sensory Play Ideas from Project Sensory
- Top 10 Nature Study Supplies from Rhythms of Play
- Top 10 Powerful Affirmations to Make Confident School Kids from Witty Hoots
- Top 10 Back to School Math Activities for Kids – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Top 10 Back to School Apple Crafts and Activities from Play & Learn Everyday
- Top 10 Learning Supplies for Preschool from Mom Inspired Life
- Top 10 Back to School Science Activities at Preschool Powol Packets
- Top 10 Back To School Printables from The Pleasantest Thing
- Top 10 Home School PE Items from Something to Offer
15 thoughts on “10 DIY Back to School Projects for School Supplies”
A fabulous list. My FB feed is going to explode today with all the great back to school lists! I’m new to the Top Ten List Family, but I love it already!
Thanks Terri! It’s a great blog hop to be part of.
Thank you so much for including me in this great list!
No problem Dinah!
Hi Luv, I think you’ll find that the book you’re advertising at the bottom is just called Learn with Play, not, Learn with Play at home, 🙂 It’s coming up in a google alert under my blog name, haha, that’s how I noticed it. Cheers 🙂
Comments are closed.