10 Awesome Apple Activities that work on Fine Motor Skills in kids of all ages.
Fine motor skills activities help to work the small muscles in your child’s wrists, hands, fingers, toes, lips and tongue. It is very important to work these muscles to help prepare your child to carry out essential tasks such as cutting food, fastening their clothes, opening their lunch boxes independently, as well as giving them good pencil control skills. Activities that involve mixing, scooping, pouring or picking up small objects are all good for working on these important skills.
Follow our Fine Motor Skills Board over on Pinterest.
To celebrate the upcoming apple season this Fall, we have put together a list of 10 awesome fine motor skills activities all about Apples.
Top 10 Fine Motor Skills Apple Activities
- Fine Motor Apple Activities from This Reading Mama – There are lots of great ideas here including activities using tongs, play dough and paint.
- Fine Motor Apple Math Game for Preschool from Fun-a-Day – Here is a fun game using tweezers or chopsticks to manipulate pom-poms onto a printed apple tree
- Apple Themed Wooden Beads Sensory Bin from Little Bins for Little Hands – This looks so inviting and works on counting as well as fine motor skills.
- Apple Bobbing for Toddlers and Preschoolers from Sunny Day Family – A new twist on the classic for little ones who don’t want to get their faces wet.
- Building Fine Motor Skills at the Apple Tree Playdough Table from Teach Preschool – This activity encourages children to roll and mould play dough into apples.
- Make your own Apple “Pizza” Preschool Snack from Sunny Day Family for Pre-K Pages – As well as creating a yummy snack, this activity is great for practising pinching and sprinkling as you build your “pizza”.
- Ten Apples on Top Counting Activity from Mom Inspired Life – This activity to go alongside the book uses clothes pegs to work on fine motor skills, as well as literacy and maths.
- Sticky Apple Tree from Adventures of Adam – Have fun sticking pom pom “apples” onto this contact paper tree.
- Alphabet Letter Tree Matching for Pre-schoolers from Mom Inspired Life – Use stickers to work fine motor skills and match them up to the correct letter on the apple tree.
- Apple Sensory Soup from And Next Comes L – Lots of scooping , pouring, stirring and whisking to be done in this activity.
Top 10 Play Recipes for Fall from Craftulate
Top 10 Fall STEM Activities from Little Bins for Little Hands
Top Ten Apple Cocktails from Our Good Life
Top 10 Books on Apples for Learning from Powerful Mothering
Top 10 Playful Apple Activities for Toddlers from School Time Snippets
Top 10 Apple Projects for Crochet Lovers from Words n Needles
Top 10 Science Ideas for Fall from P is for Preschooler
Top 10 Recipes for Apples from Nemcsok Farms
Top 10 Fall Sensory Activities from Play & Learn Everyday
Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts from Rhythms of Play
Top 10 Free Apple Printables from Something 2 Offer
Top 10 Apple Themed Learning Activities from Artsy Momma
Top 10 Apple Activities for Preschool from The Pleasantest Thing
7 thoughts on “Top 10 Fine Motor Skills Apple Activities”
Great collection! We are always looking for fine motor activities. Thanks for including my posts!
Who knew apples could offer so much fine motor practice, lol! Great round-up!
Comments are closed.